Last week, we had the opportunity to attend the International MUSE Inspire Conference which was held at the Gaylord Texan in Grapevine, TX. Like many events, the MUSE Inspire Conference took a hiatus during the peak(s) of the pandemic. Picis’ attendance at MUSE was an opportunity to focus on creating further awareness of our Anesthesia Information Management Systems (AIMS), which is live in more than 70 sites worldwide with nearly a dozen integrated with the Meditech EHR. Here are some key takeaways from our time at the conference:
- The MUSE organization and its flagship conference continue to be an invaluable venue for promoting education and networking for Meditech users. If your organization uses Meditech and you are not a member, we would highly recommend it. We’d be happy to introduce you to some of our customers who are loyal participants in everything MUSE has to offer.
- While Meditech does not currently offer an AIMS solution, they are committed to an integrated AIMS via a comprehensive interface suite.
- There are still many Meditech sites that are using paper within Anesthesia. This is not particularly alarming as there are plenty of other EHR users that still document anesthesia via paper. However, the challenge of managing the accuracy of data, reporting and costs is driving many to explore technology options.
- Many hospitals that have implemented an AIMS, were introduced to it by their contracted Anesthesia group. In these cases, the AIMS is often owned by the anesthesia group. This can create some challenges for the hospital when it comes to topics such as hospital billing, medical device integration, and EHR integration – not to mention analytics and reporting.
- We had several inquiries from Pharmacists at the show that were very interested in medication integration between our AIMS and the Meditech Pharmacy/MAR. The good news is that Meditech has a new pharmacy interface that we are currently testing with one of our flagship sites. We look forward to sharing more about this integration in the near future.
We were excited to see so many attendees join us for our Product Showcase – Integrate Electronic Anesthesia Documentation with Meditech. There was so much interest in the topic, we have scheduled an encore presentation on Tuesday, May 31, 2022, at 9am PT/12pm ET. Click here to register.
We’d like to thank the MUSE organization and its many volunteers for bringing back MUSE Inspire and providing us the opportunity to connect with our many customers (and future customers). We hope to see you at an event soon!
About the Author
John Danahey, Executive Vice President
As Executive Vice President, John brings over 35 years of healthcare industry experience, with more than 28 years focused on healthcare IT. John entered the healthcare field as an Advanced Life Support EMT gaining clinical experience in the field, emergency rooms, and inpatient settings. He then embarked on a career in healthcare IT as a Clinical Implementation Consultant at Meditech. John later moved to Iatric Systems, where he spent the next 22 years serving in many formal and informal roles, including Consultant, Support Manager, Product Director, Vice President of Sales & Marketing, and Executive Vice President. After the Harris acquisition of Iatric in 2018, John remained focused as Iatric’s Vice President of Sales and Marketing. In 2019, John was tabbed as the EVP for PulseCheck and joined Picis in 2021. John has a bachelor’s degree in accounting and a master’s degree in business administration.