Proactive patient prioritization planning for surgical scheduling
PriorityQ is a web-based solution designed to assist healthcare providers in managing surgical backlogs and waitlists through proactive patient prioritization planning. Our software incorporates surgeon schedules, patient/procedure severity and resource availability to provide a forward-looking, load planning schedule. This insight helps administrators plan how to manage the surgical queue weeks in advance with the flexibility to adjust on a day-to-day basis.
Concerns created by surgical backlog:
- Patient: Declining satisfaction and increasing anxiety due to unknown information of when surgery will take place.
- Surgeon: Clamoring to book/secure OR Time to catch up and meet their patient’s needs.
- Nurse/Clinician: Facing potential burnout/exhaustion while providing the highest level of patient care.
- Hospital: Meeting patient and staff needs, while prioritizing schedules, allocating resources and tracking revenue.
PriorityQ proactive scheduler provides:
- A draft priority of current and backlog case load that helps anticipate logistical coordination.
- A financial overview to show potential revenue generated based on suggested schedule.
- Flexibility to modify surgical schedules based on the facility’s priority once scores are delivered.
PriorityQ bases calculations on the following factors:
- Existing waitlists
- Hospital thresholds
- Patient severity level
- OR time and resources
- Clinician assignments
- Revenue forecasting